Surprises After Surprises


My proposal was chosen.
Birthday surprise and gifts from friends.
A paid hotel booking for my first day in Bangkok next month.
If I pass the JLPT N4 exam....

I just can't think of anything else I can ask for.

I had always wanted the good things. The great choices and splendid moments.

But I had learned to choose what is enough for the moment, what I have for the time being, which are....

having Godly parents
kind and supportive siblings
wonderful Lola, aunts, uncles and cousins
cute little niece and nephew
a good-paying job
good grades for the Masters Degree Program
amazing set of friends

and many other simple things.

Then, God would suddenly shower surprises.

I should stop seeking things and chasing after people I will never get to keep up with nor, will they ever return the love I am willing to give.

I pray for humility, contentment and the wisdom to always choose the good.
I pray for strength in faith for His promises are true and boundless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023