What’s the next book you are going to read?


365 QOTD

What’s the next book you are going to read?

I haven’t decided which one to read next but, I was able to get a bunch digital copies of fiction and non-fiction books and those related to teaching and research. The next book needs to be something related to literacy and something that would help me further with my studies and my work at the moment.

Right now, I was able to get a copy of the 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Harrari and I really find it interesting. Though it mostly talks about how the other factors we deemed important and necessary before, like money and automation, is slowly taking over and controlling our own lives, the opportunity to read about it in chunks makes it more relevant and alarming at the same time. At least, knowing about it gives us fair warning. It is always up to us, if we would just allow it to completely take over our lives and surroundings.

*******

It’s 11am and I decided to go out of my home early today and just write this in a nearby coffee shop. My toe is still a bit sore. I had also forgotten to take almost 2 days-worth of the antibiotics and so I am trying to keep up with that starting today.

I tried to wear something different from my usual business suit today. Instead of the usual dark slacks and coat, white top, today, I am wearing a black, closed-neck, long-sleeved top and a vertical-striped square pants and black velvety flats with a mustard-colored tote bag where I just put everything and then another smaller tote bag for my obento. (I should have just taken a photo, right? But this is me trying to practice myself on how to use descriptive words and other words. LOL)

It will a 5-day workweek which I am not used to anymore. HAHA. I usually get a Sunday and a weekday off. Though there won’t be much to do at work for the entire week, we have a grand activity on Saturday, and then we start planning for parent-teacher/counselor conferences and other promotional events before the holidays. These kinds of promotional events aren’t my favorite but I had just learned to embrace it over time, as a learning opportunity again and again.

Let’s see what the week has to offer. For the meantime, the alarm had sounded. I should get going. Tuesday, please be kind to me.




Comments

  1. Kung may time lang talaga ako magbasa, ang isusunod ko ay ang "Hippie" ni Paulo Coelho.
    Nakita ko ba sa fb ang outfit mo na ito? Hehehe.
    More power sa atin cher Kat! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023