What is your favorite cuisine?

365 QOTD

What is your favorite cuisine?

That is hard to answer because I think I can eat almost anything edible except seafood just because I am allergic to it.

I fancy a pancake platter for breakfast.
I just had an all-meat platter at a nearby family restaurant for late lunch last Sunday with a friend.
I like salads and fruit shakes any time of the day.

Right now, Japanese food is the most appealing, in terms of plating and taste.
I always like bruschetta with any tasty toppings most of time, I like grilled meat with red wine to compliment the taste and veggie salad in vinegrette.
I will never give up my forever love for fried chicken and spaghetti in red meat sauce.
For Filipino food, I will set aside diet for lechon, lumpiang shanghai, papaitan and puto't dinuguan.

*****

Thinking about all these food just made me hungry again.

Last week, my bento habit dwindled and I plan to get back to it as soon as I can. So, today, I made an egg sandwich with mochi cake in sesame seeds on the side, and a small bowl of vegetable salad that I didn't get to eat :( just because I was craving for something warm and I ate soba at the nearby shop.

I also bought silicon cups and dividers for my lunch box, hoping that the color mix and matches will encourage me more to prepare fancy and healthy food choice for the day. But I forgot to bring it home, so, I have to wait another day before I could use it.

With my friends' wedding coming up, I intend to save a portion of my allowance just so I can give them a small amount as a wedding gift :) So, making my own lunch will definitely save me a ton of money instead of making quick trips to the convenience store whenever I get hungry.

Today was quite a busy Monday and I liked it that way. I got three classes with parents' observations and I am so proud of my students as they really have performed very well and shown their parents how much improvement they have had since they signed up with our conversation school.

I wasn't able to start with our group paper until late tonight because the day at school had been quite covered with things to do.

********
Last Sunday was also interesting and fun. I had lunch with a friend and we went bowling at a nearly bowling alley and though I only scored 2.5 strikes within the 3 sets of games, I was just glad to be out and having conversations with people. At some point, I realized that I am not the only one looking for that sense of belongingness within this community, but I feel a bit luckier because in that sense, I was able to build my own, and had learned to appreciate what I have. It just gets lonelier that usual at times. Can't have it all after all.

I was back at home before dark and just resumed cleaning and reading and never really got to do anything productive on a Sunday. LOL.

*********
Days are flying by so fast and I keep thinking about ideas of putting up my own startup focusing on language learning, teacher training and empowerment. Where do I start? Coz for now, I don't wanna move somewhere else, I just wanna try to bloom where I am planted. But again, if it's time to go, it's time to go. If that's the case, let me work on leaving my mark on this little, quaint and rustic countryside.

Comments

  1. Japanese food is loooove! Kahit yung mga gigilid na place lang diyan, super yummy. And you wonder bakit wala masyadong matabang hapon. haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023