What was the best conversation you had today?

365 QOTD

What was the best conversation you had today?

Didn't really get to talk a lot to many people today. But I did get that Sunday morning virtual call from family before they go to church. My oldest brother is in the house as well. So, I did get to say hi to him.

Then, the delivery man confirmed my name on the parcel and I just said "hai." Would that even be considered conversation?

Another video chat with my niece in Manila via my youngest sister. My niece, A, was showing her torn dress but showing off her poses and jumping sequence in bed. I had a good laugh when my sister started complaining about A being so hyper and full of energy.

I had random self-talks as well about my being alone and lonely. I can't do anything about it, and I can't just insist myself on people just because I don't want to be alone. I love being on my own, I just can't manage yet the feeling of loneliness that goes with it. A part of me still hopes for that someone whom I can share my boring, nerdy days ahead of me.

So, which was the best conversation?

I loved all of it.
The morning call to remind me that I am not alone.
The stranger's confirmation that I exist.
The talk with my niece to say that it's okay to say "I don't know."
The talk with my self to teach me that it's okay to be alone.

*******

I opted not to go back to editing the project unless they ask me about revisions again. I focused on my own stuff this Sunday morning. Emptied the cabinet with the clothes I don't wanna use for the cold seasons and had them ready for disposal. I also pre-packed the package I will send to India as gift to a school- a 10kg beginning reading pack that I don't need here but will hopefully be useful to some communities in India. I hope to have it sent by tomorrow.

Spent the afternoon catching up with the readings and activities for a subject in grad school. Did an hour of yoga practice then went to a public bath in the evening to soak my tensed muscles after that yoga stretch.

Spent the evening prepping some soup stock for the week. I was thinking of cooking something else, but I got lazy and chose to just watch Bohemian Rhapsody instead. Music made it all too beautiful not to love.

Then, after this journal entry, I am about to read on my newly-arrived copy of the 21 Lessons for the 21st Century book! No more digital copy on bedside reading until I finish this one!

I had always wanted to get a Sony E-reader... Hmmm...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023