Three Strikes in a Row

She is almost hitting the homerun. Almost homerun.

On a LINE message back in Dec 2018, she messaged me about a training and that it will only be paid for 2 hours because it will be on my day off. I replied that I will just clarify it with her when I get back. 

It was scheduled on my day off- Strike One. 

On my way back, I realized that I can ask for at least an adjustment on my work hours that I traveled back and forth. 

On the morning meeting, she asked me about the training. Since there wasn't really anything extra ordinary on it, I said, "It was okay." Trying to avoid any unnecessary comments, I decided to stick to my answer and say, "It was okay." She insisted on asking if I learned anything new, and knowing that there is none and she is on the verge of pulling my string of patience, I kept on repeating my answer. Because there was really nothing new. 

I knew my caliber of teaching and the level of training and experience I have, she made me feel like I am but someone who doesn't know what I am doing- Strike Two. 

On the meeting, I brought up the concern about asking for work time adjustment for the time I traveled and stayed for work in there in my professional and calm and straight forward voice. Then, she tried repeating that I am upset, a word that then triggered me to be such but still I tried to keep my composure. I ended the conversation knowing that I lost this battle and she doesn't have my back at any time of the day. 

She mentioned about my consent to the trip, about having a good time with my friends and that I chose to reschedule my trip several times before and chose to travel back on the day of work and not the day before so I could have a rest and be ready for the next day work. And that I had one week to think about the two-hour training before the training day if I wanted it or not. 

I had a good time with my friends... On my personal time- Strike Three. 

When I agreed to the training, I thought that I was doing her a favor of spending lesser time thinking about how to go about the training, considering the matter resolved and that she can move forward to other matters more important and that if I can easily work things out with her knowing that it was such an unfair deal. 

As a manager, it is their duty to make sure that the subordinates feel that they are treated rightly and fairly. Not special but just right. Personal times are important and rest days shouldn't be taken for granted because once an employee is discouraged, it is difficult to gain back their trust and loyalty to the job. Then, like a domino effect, it all goes down.
Hayst.

One day, if I become a manager, she is someone I will always remember because she is the kind I don't want to become. 

Comments

  1. Right here is the perfect site for anybody who really wants to
    find out about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally would
    want to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a subject
    that's been written about for years. Excellent stuff, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023