Happy, meaningful, tiring day

Today was such a wonderful day.

Happily meaningful tiring day to describe it.

It started out very early with jumping off the bed at 7AM. Grabbed the pot to heat water for coffee, turned on the laptop to watch an episode of Blacklist, I'm at Season 2 episode 11, if not for the morning appointments, I would have still been glued to it the whole day.

Come 8am and the ball started rolling, here and there and finally ended at 2:30pm. As soon as I was home, I stripped off my clothes and slip on the bed for a 2-hr nap. Woke up feeling hungry and I decided to go to the mall.

I realized that I really haven't done that kind of thing in a while. --
Going out alone and doing things alone, just like I used to do before I made good friends upon moving to Miyazaki. All of the days I was out, it was always with friends, to meet friends, or to be introduced to people.

I went shopping. I bought a few clothes. Experienced the struggle of choosing which restaurant to go while counting the calories for every food I would like to eat, finally ending up eating vegetarian omelet and then taking another round of walking into the mall, contemplating on buying new skirt or pants or shoes, and ended up buying four more pieces of tops because they were on sale.  Then, I dropped by the shop where we can get very cheap imported food and kitchen items and I bought a bottle of cheap wine, 5 bottles of ginger ale, a small bottle of extra virgin olive oil and a pack of mixed nuts. I am currently enjoying the feeling of nightly glass of wine with cheese and/or slowbread dipped in olive oil with balsamic vinegar.

The only thing missing was probably the random call from my sisters to which, I could have initiated myself, but didn't. Something I still have get used to doing myself. I will get there.

Some guy promised to come and visit me but when I said "No" when he asked if we will shower together, he obviously changed his mind and simply replied to my last message with "Have fun."

Today, I am reminded about the beauty of solitude and firm decisions. I would also would like to give myself a pat on the back for having the urgency not to do impulsive shopping. And I would like to tell myself to keep the randomness in life alive.

But, I still need to learn how to convince myself to get up and go for that morning run. It isn't just happening just yet. UGH.

posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

  1. This post is priceless. How can I find out more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell us more about this? I'd want to find out some
    additional information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023