What do you want to do with your earnings?

The lady in front of me exudes that aura of power and sophistication. She has well-polished, artful nails, wearing a floor-length, pleated navy blue skirt with a white, plain, V-neck cardigan top. She likes shiny things. Her bag is a golden Jimmy Choo. She wears a pair of sparkling earrings and even her phone case is a shiny, white small sling bag the size of her iPhone.

We just finished a business meeting with her grabbing chai latte while I opted for a yoghurt and acai berry drink. It was indeed an amazing experience for the two of us to be able to communicate despite the language difference, we were able to connect.

Knowing that my next ventures may really appear to be lucrative, her next question was...

"What do you want to do with your earnings?"

That isn't really hard to answer.

"I want to buy a house for my family in the Philippines."

I know that it isn't the ultimate dream but I know that I want to do it. Because my parents, being the most selfless people I know in this planet, they deserve at least a comfortable place to stay. A leak-free roof on rainy days, a warm bed to rest after a long day and the energy and the time to do the things they really want to do in life.

I know that the other Japan-based dream is a bit hard to explain to her but still I did.

"I want to teach in a university or help in teacher-trainings for Japanese teachers on how to teach English."

Her comment was that since I can speak Japanese and English, I may be able to work things out. I hope so, too.

What a way to end my Tuesday-- a time with one great lady I admire.

For now, I really need to stop binge-watching this Blacklist series and get those files up, the lessons polished and the self-management rolling.



Comments

  1. Keep on writing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I happened to see ur blog page again...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023