Another Chat Room Fail Story

A few days ago, some guy randomly added me on Skype. Last night, I got the chance to chat with him.

It appears that he is an OFW working in Singapore and he started our conversation with the same questions, where I am from, how old I am, if I live alone and what job I do. Then he suddenly jumped into asking about sexually malicious questions to which I would vaguely respond and told him that it is not my kind of topic of conversation.

Since I am lonely, I still took time to talk to him, interestingly, no matter how rude and sarcastic I answer his unsuitable questions, he kept talking to me. Sent a photo even though I didn't ask for one and I seem to have a feeling that it is not him in the photo.

Eventually, he challenged for a voice call. From there, I knew that he is lying. He isn't that handsome in the photo he sent, he doesn't live alone and that he has no good intentions with the call. To which, I intentionally dropped the call in its first few minutes and said sorry because our reasons for talking to strangers aren't the same and that we better stop wasting each other's time. He apologized, he said he thought I was game for it and then apologized further. I just read the message and didn't respond anymore.

I gave out a deep sigh and continued with my preparation for the next day's classes.
This encounter made me realize that of all creatures, the ugly can really be ugly inside and outside. But I'm giving myself a pat on the shoulders for giving myself a chance to hold of judgments until I hear the other person speaking.

It also made me realize that no matter how disappointed I am with the kind of men I encounter, I am still brave enough to do the encounter. Giving myself extra time and taking into considerations warning signs and cue words.

Though, it may appear that I am not that cautious all the time, that I still give into flowery words and flattery, I take time to hold the wall long enough before I allow for it to crumble.

Still taking my time.

I see myself being with someone whom I can sit beside in silence, trapped in reading my own books and so is he. Then, we take time building our own story. In wholesomeness, randomness and embedded desires that only the two of us can ever know. Not just on voice but in close proximity and in silent agreement.

Comments

  1. I used to be able to find good information from your articles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023