How close to perfect is today?

366 QOTD 

How close to perfect is today?

It would have been like this......

After a long day at work, I kept looking at the clock to catch the bus to take me to the train station. Hopped on the train, oblivious to everybody in the train but very much excited about the person who will pick me up at the train stop and the thrill of catching the sunset. 

Had a quick bite at the closest restaurant, enjoyed conversation about how each other's day had gone by and almost forgot about the sunset. Going out of the restaurant, there was the streak of shades of pink and red stretched in the sky. When we reached the beach house and took a long walk. At the end, by the border, we had to turn and that's when I got a soft, warm kiss to welcome the night. 

Dinner conversations, cuddles, quick drive to get late night snacks, then more cuddles. 
The next morning, the calm waves would wake me up as I lay wrapped around his arms. 

I will quietly get up, wrap myself with a towel and leave him sleeping, tiptoe my way to the window... I would stare at those puffy, bubbly water touching the sands then pulled back to the sea. Take a deep breath and I am ready for another big day. He would wake up slowly, greet me good morning as I prepare for the day. He would drop me off at the train station again. 

A walk by the beach, a beach house, warm cuddles and the him. 

I could live on a day like that, every day. 

That would have been perfect, right? 
 
*****************



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023