Practice Quitting.

While at the gym and pumping with sweat on the workout routine I am following, I have fully decided on quitting. Not on working out of course, but on the programming lessons that I am taking. I have always wanted to learn it but it seems that, learning it on my own isn't an ideal path to take at the moment. With pending writing projects at hand, it won't just work for me. 

With quitting, there is also resuming. I am resuming my Japanese lessons and Piano lessons on Saturdays with the same teacher. I don't mind visiting her at her house after my volunteer jobs at the international foundation. Then, study time with my friend Riho until gets to move to Oita in September. 

Hopefully, with this temporary quitting with learning of Python Programming, I will have no more guilty moments for not fulfilling my own schedules. Instead, I will have more exciting times to look forward to for more reading both fiction and non-fiction. My friends have been posting books they were reading and I am so envious that they could and I cannot. I miss the nights and slow weekends that I just spend for reading, guitar and having not to think about missing Python programming because I just can't push myself to do it most of the times. 

I got this 5 tips on how to be successful on something and today I am applying rule #5: Practice quitting. 

But I know I just have to do so and Python programming, just like any other books of knowledge, it will be there when I am ready to learn it. It won't question my absence, it will just give itself freely when I ask for it. 

Half of the year almost finished and I can't think nor say that I have really been that productive or accomplished. It had been a 50/50 situation of survival, accomplishment, goal setting and pushing forward. It is quite a tough battle.

Trust your guts, Kat. It will be alright. If it doesn't, then we will think of others ways to get into it. 

Comments

  1. Yes to quitting. If it means reading more books, specially fiction. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023