Early Christmas 2020 Thoughts

I am trying to make it feel a bit like Christmas. This year will be different. No scheduled flight back home. No exciting meeting with family and friends. No crispy pata, inihaw na bangus and tilapia, puto't dinuguan, kare-kare, tinola, papaitan, manggang hilaw, and more inihaw na bangus. Also, no more hiding from inaanaks coz I am literally miles away🤣. I can't even really think that I had ever been a good godmother to those kids. If having to give gifts on birthdays and holidays are the standards, then, I have never been one 🤷🏻‍♀️. Maybe I am better off as a tita😜. 

Christmas has evolved into a simple story of a couple who found a manger where the Saviour was born to lucrative business opportunities and sheer excuses to be kind and giving and for asking for things that we think we deserve. 

I have grown up to know Christmas as a celebration of birth of Jesus Christ as a symbol of hope and redemption for a sinner like me. I am keeping it as it is. Also, it is for wishing. All I wish for is to grant me patience, skills and faith to keep going to learn how to drive safely and confidently for that driving license and the capacity to be able to use the wheels and time for more productive opportunities to serve others. 

Apart from that, I pray for everyone's including mine's, sanity and strength of faith in this trying times. May we be able to see the blessing in disguise. May we see Jesus Christ in every miracle and simple deeds of goodness we give and receive. 

Choosing to surround myself with amazing people who believe differently about this season have never hinder me to grow in faith, love and hope. We have learned to accept and respect each other's understanding. We need not to have Christmas for that one 😉. 

This is quite an early Christmas essay for the year, but I know I needed to write it down coz I need reminding. Reflection and penning it down make it all well for me. 

Thankful for a calm Thursday going my way and may the remaining days of December be filled with blessings and granted prayers of "wait", "yes" and "I have better plans for you, my child." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023