I am on my 9th day today in Miyazaki, Japan. It's winter and since this is a subtropic region, i experience no snow but the coldness really can drop to as low as 0 degrees Celsius. Enough to get those winter clothes up for a strut. I bought only one trench coat and several thick, knitted clothes to keep me warm this winter.
Except for a local cellphone number, I am almost settled in where I am at.
Mga iilang ganap sa buhay ko dito ngayon:
1. Time is time. No bumper to bumper traffic issues here!
2. Having a bike is a must.
3. I still do the local conversions of prices.
4. I may not have jetlag. But my metabolism seems to take its time for adjustment. If you know what I mean.
5. I tried Tinder. There are a lot within 3 miles but I'm a little scared. Though, this is one of the safest places, I still need to be careful.
6. Mama has Skype account and she knows how to call me in now! Hurray!
7. Tomorrow, I will start my Nihonggo classes.
8. Naging hobby ko na yata ang magpabalik-balik sa Maxvalu (ang equivalent ng Hypermart) at sa Daiso araw-araw.
9. Wala pa kong ginagawang meal planning sa ngayon, pero nachchallenge ng bongga ang aking cooking skills dito!
10. Nung una akala ko gaganda ko dito, tapos pagtingin ko sa salamin, ang haggard ng face ko! Superdry ang skin dahil sa lamig, dark circles around the eyes and ang hair, mukhang magsusuperdry na rin dahil araw-araw blow dry. Haybuhay.
But, so far, so good. I haven't taken a lot of photos since I arrived. I am honestly oerwhelmed and I am still trying to absorb the feeling that I am here.
Hope to get around Miyazaki, activate the shutterbug in me and be able to fulfill my next dreams for myself and my family.