What are my priorities in life again?

Early this morning, my friend whom I haven't spoken with in awhile, sent me a message. She was asking how am I. I said, I am good and still homesick.

She said, it's okay coz I am lucky to have job. Then, started sharing that she is currently out of work and in the middle of self-pity and finding ways to survive and not having money. Just all about the misery she has been going through.

I had no idea how to respond.

In times like this, I am more curious of how she is handling things and what has she been doing to alleviate her situation. Just gotta move forward.

I told her that it's okay to sulk for a few minutes but then, gotta pick up her butt and just do what needs to be done, like keep on applying.

I told her that I know how it feels to have nothing and as if the world being against you.

I told her that every person has a burden, we just differ how we carry ours.

For some reason, she said that it felt good to talk to me that morning. I apologized coz, I wish I can do more like lend her money or refer her somewhere but I just have no capacity of such at the moment.

Maybe, it's just what she needs to hear from someone. I don't know. But I would like to believe that it is.

I said, if she needs anybody to talk to and help her see a more positive and practical side of things, she can message me anytime.

I really hope I helped her a bit by just having a conversation. I really hope I did.

In another news, I wasn't able to go to Japanese class today coz I was moving like a turtle but I did have time to play the guitar.

What are my priorities in life again?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023