Who did you eat dinner with?

365 QOTD

Who did you eat dinner with?

Tonight, I ate dinner with Ayumi-chan.

After shopping with her mom, I offered to "babysit" her. She and her husband needs to practice for an upcoming dance competition. With the recent death of her mother-in-law, there was no one to look after Ayumi-chan, while they were away in business or competition.

Good thing I still have some food left on the fridge. While watching TV, I gave her ice cream topped with coffee jelly then a glass of milk. Then, I continued to iron work clothes while waiting for the rice to cook. I asked if she is okay with fish and so, we had fried fish and rice for dinner. Last stop was onsen.

The highlight of the night came when on our way home from onsen. She asked who I eat meals every day. I said, I always eat alone coz I live alone and that tonight was different and fun coz she was there. She said that she also had fun staying at my house.

It was a good change from the usual dinners I have. It was very simple yet sweet. We could have opted to go to a nearby restaurant but when I asked her if she wants to eat whatever I have in the fridge, that had made all the difference. It was nice evening.

For the meantime, on regular days, I'll stick with the solo flight meals.

Comments

  1. Nagkamay ka when you ate the fish and rice with her o nag chopsticks ka? :)

    Mas masarap kasing mag kamay kung ganyan ang ulam with sawsawan at kamatis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naku.. nagkutsara at tinidor kami.. mej nagulat pa nga yung bata. Nag-ask ako if gusto nya ng chopsticks, sabi nya, ok lang naman daw na spoon and fork.. Antagal ko na nga rin hindi nagkakapag-kamay habang kumakain..... at yes, masrap nga with toyong at kamatis :D

      Delete
  2. It's like i'm reading from a book of Banana Yoshimoto. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ni-google ko sya. Isa syang famous Japanese author pala. Makabili nga ng book nya. HEHEHE. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023