What is one thing you were told today that you don't want to forget?

365 QOTD

What is one thing you were told today that you don't want to forget?

"It was a tiring day but it was fun."


**********

Today, I was supposed to join a volunteer group at the main street for a Christmas activity, but I didn't feel like going so, I was really taking my time preparing for the day. But when my Japanese friend asked if I want to join them for lunch, I quickly said yes and they were kind enough to offer to pick me up as well. The day extended to me staying at their home for the afternoon and then, a quick shopping for some other materials for ingredients for our small Christmas dinner.

The dinner was great! I am truly grateful to this couple for they had been very involved in making my firsts in Miyazaki memorable, from my birthday to this Christmas Eve, they made me feel I belonged and welcomed. I know it is not easy accommodating people, moreso from a different cultural background. But they take time, they make effort and they offer to. God is just so good to the prodigal child that is me.

The dinner table had been filled with five people of different backgrounds. beliefs, ages and experiences, and that has made all the difference. It is always a pleasure to share experiences and open up thoughts, exchange opinions and just be surprised.

How the day had gone might not have been how I imagined my Christmas Eve to have gone, but it had went way better than I imagined it to be. Truly, life is unfair, but it never fails to surprise.

Happy Birthday Jesus Christ! You have lived and died so I may live an eternal life in heaven with You in the future. While waiting for that big day, You continue to manifest Your greatness and miracles in many things and people in my life. My only prayer is that, may I have a life worth-living, with You being the center and forward as You always have my back.

May I continually live doing things worth saying, "It was tiring, but it was fun."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023