29 Aug 2022

 I had a breakdown last night. 

I got home with all my stuff from the recent work and camping trip scattered on the floor, the kitchen filled with dinnerware needing to be washed, piled up dirty clothes on another side, I haven't had enough sleep from last night's camping location, the hangover from a fun night jam at a Filipino restaurant, I just couldn't take it anymore. I tried going to bed and then I just started sobbing. 

What's different about last night was, I had a friend come and helped me out clean the room, clear the floor, comfort me and hugged me. 

The hug felt good. It was warm. His arms around me made me feel so tired yet safe. I cried a bit more. I didn't wanna let go, but I know that I had to its late and he had to go home and sleep to be able to work the next day. And if he hadcstayed a little bit longer, we both would regret what happens next. I'm glad he left right away. 

I thought I will be able to sleep. It looked like I did but I would wake up and when I close my eyes again, I see me standing in the middle of my room, resting my head on his shoulders, my arms around him, fingers of one of his hands massaging my head. I wanted to stay that way for long. To not move. As if the whole world stopped spinning and everything will be alright. 

It eventually did. I woke up still a bit slow and with swollen eyes from crying last night, stuck on bed for more than an hour before deciding to get up and go for breakfast and morning commitments. Then, things did feel a bit better. 

There are still tasks to do for the day and I intend to get as much as I could accomplished today. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Sept 2023

It's her time to go.

29 Sept 2023