Dear Jesus Christ,



They say that you weren't really born on 25th of December. Nonetheless, people had chosen to celebrate Your birthday on that day. I hope you don't mind. We just want to thank You for coming to save us from our sins and from the fires of hell. 

I hope you receive more letter than Santa does. You see, when I was a kid, I used to believe he would really grant my wishes. I would write him a letter only to realize that it should be You that I should have been writing to, not to wish for gifts but to express my gratitude. 

More than two millenia ago, you were born in a manger to later on fulfill the prophecy to die on the cross at Calvary to deliver us from sins. We were told but  most still did not believe. I am grateful that I have come to know. I do believe in You being my Savior and Redeemer. You have been guiding me eversince. 

As time goes by, as the merriment becomes grander, a lot of times we forget the true meaning of Christmas. There are times that I become sad because I don't have fancy stuff for the holidays, I can't afford a sumptuous meal, I can't buy gifts for the people I love. There are also times that I envy people around me for all the good things that they brag about. 

I am sorry if I feel that way at times. If You were here, You probably would have tapped my shoulder and told me that I am far more blessed soul than I had thought of.

Who am I to wish for fancy things, feastive meal or expensive gifts when You, the King of Kings chose to be born in a manger and wrapped in swaddling clothes, then die in a wooden cross. 

You gave Your Life for me. Knowing that Someone chose to die for me is something I should be bragging about. 

From the Lord of all creations, I had received the most precious gift. I quickly forgotten. The Ruler of all nations, saved me. I cannot ask for more. Nothing can be grander of a gift than The Gift of Salvation. 

As I remember that, it gives me comfort eventhough the house I live in with my family is dilapidated, we don't have all the delicious meals in our table, I don't have money to buy those materials things. 

I have a loving and faithful family. You surround me with wonderful people. You shower me with great blessings, most of the time, more than I asked for. Especially on those days when I make full surrender to You. 

So, who am I ask for grandeur when my Saviour chose to be born in humility? I am nothing but a blessed soul. Continue to rule my life for I find peace and comfort in Your presence. 


Your Servant,
Kat

2 comments:

  1. Amen to this Cher Kat, great realization and profession of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really touched my heart Kat! The most beautiful letter I read this year!
    God bless your soul. You are really a sweet girl;)

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy, i'd love to hear from you....