Kill with Kindness


There will always be this kind of person who will make you feel less, useless and just not enough -- not qualified to do what you are doing and make you feel that you can never do it right. First and foremost, check if that person is even qualified himself/herself. Most likely, he or she isn’t because if he/she is, he/she won’t talk to you that way or make you feel that way.

Him: Kat, you are not licensed, right?
Me: What do you mean? If I am a licensed teacher? I am a licensed teacher in PH.
Him: You also got TESOL? But that really doesn’t mean anything, especially as a language teacher. (Shrugs his shoulders and thinks of another demeaning thing to say again.)
Me: Oh well, yes, I have TESOL.
Him: I mean, none of us here is a qualified language teachers.
Me: Hmmm.. I really don’t get you. Well, in PH since I am a Science major, I taught core subjects- Math, Science and English in Elementary and I can teach Physics, but I haven’t really practiced that one. But I don’t know how things had changed over the years.
Him: You are working on your masters and just got started with learning and I, myself, is not yet qualified as language teacher, as I don’t have yet my MA in TESOL. I did a whole paper on this and that….. blah… blah… blah… (which takes forever for him to finish and I stopped listening from there.)
Me: As far as I know, our teacher education in PH is one of the good ones, apparently, I won’t be here if it wasn’t. And I won’t have happy students every after lesson, if I don’t know what I am doing.

So, just go on with your life, continue to be awesome and slowly kill that person with all the kindness you could muster for that person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023