Why did I suddenly stop taking photos?

Why did I suddenly stop taking photos?

I'm still taking photos. But not the kind of quality that tells a story that I want to tell. My instagram is full of pictures with me on it. Maybe that's the kind of story I wanted? A story with me on it? The story of my life. But the photos I post of myself are just a part of myself. The happy part, the beautiful part. No sad part. No showing on loneliness. No showing of weakness. No struggle for survival. Just the fun part.

But that is not my life. My life is full of struggles, restless thoughts and repeated curses about life being so unfair.

Nowadays, taking photos means finding the right filter, tilting, cropping and just every editing features that one can use to be able to upload a seemingly perfect shot. But it shouldn't be that way. Taking photo is about capturing the moment. It isn't about manipulating the scene or the colors or the elements in the frame.

Taking photos now had become so deceitful, untrue and untrustworthy.

Yes, I have the same feeling for my own shots.

But still, I wish I can start getting back to it. I miss it. So much.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023