Met Them in Tokyo

I booked that flight weeks before, looking into the cheapest possible plane fare I can grab. Deep inside, I am excited yet, as the days go by, I realized that I will be meeting these people for the first time. And I don't know what to expect. All I know is that we are relatives.

Either way, as the days go by and the stress was building up again, I just can't wait but get onto that plane and be somewhere else.

*********

They picked me up at the airport. After some time of figuring out where the parking lot is, I was welcomed with a hug by a lady in leather brown trench coat, wearing black-rimmed spectacles and white Alexander McQueen sneakers. Two young men were with her, her two kids, Kuya J1, the first born and the designated  holiday driver, presently-based in JP for his line of work. Kuya J2, the teenager and the birthday boy in town for holiday.

"Sorry, we kept you waiting." said Kuya J1.
"It's okay." I said with a smile on my face.

Tita M did the introductions and we headed for the car. It didn't take long until Tita M started talking about their holidays and then we took time to trace our roots of connections. Inwardly, I am still nervous and awkward because they were all silent, but honestly, I was comfortable with the silence that we have shared as we travel bound for Odaiba.

Choosing what to eat and where to eat had always been a challenge and as a newbie in the group, I dared not impose onto anything, after all, I can eat anything they would want me to except seafood.

Then we went ahead for more walks, longer chats and then it was time to head to the hotel to get settled in and for dinner as well. Kuya J1 was very easy to talk to--light-hearted and warm. Kuya J2 was very quiet, seemed locked into his own world but when talked upon, he responds which then made me realize that his being quiet was more of a choice and would rather be a keen observer.

Hours passed by and I have grown comfortable around these three people. They made me feel so welcomed and they had been generous with their time and energy with me.

One day, some day, I want them to meet my family too. I want Tita M to have a good chat over a good meal with my Mama and Papa about life. I want to hear my parents reminisce the old days with her and be proud of of themselves. I also want them to take time to admire the resilience of Tita M.

I want Kuya J1 and J2 to meet my siblings and know that I had a good training in living in silence and love for food and learning. That we share common idea of generosity when it comes to our siblings.

I want them to meet our pets--cats and dogs.

*********
Kuya G is leaving Japan soon. I thought I wound be left alone here without family, but God is so good to me, that He made it a point that I get to know Kuya J1 is here in Japan for another year. Giving me time to think for the next steps of my life. Reminding me that I am not alone. And that I have good men in my life. Yes, I am confident to say that Kuya J1 belongs to that list. Kuya J2 is on his way to becoming one as well.

 *********
I wish I can have the energy to tell about that recent meet up trip more. Some day, one day, I will be a better story-teller. For the meantime, let me make sure this one gets into my life book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023