Slower than a Turtle, but better than nothing



November 5, 2021 
1600

Blacksmith Premium Garden 
Kagoshima City 

I opened and read my previous study guides for Education Research. It was a feeling of relief and happiness. 

Relief to know that I still have the courage to do it. 
Happiness because I am so proud of myself for choosing such a difficult task and working my way towards it. 

For now, the negotiated 2 minutes probably got extended to 30 minutes interrupted in between with conversations with my siblings and scrolling on my IG. Still a struggle, but getting there. 

I was also able to open the draft of my thesis proposal, added a few more questions that could possibly be re-structured to be research questions. Hmm… There are a lot of possibilities. 

At this moment, I am sitting down at a café in the midst of the bustling city of Kagoshima on a rainy day. I am praying that the rains would stop in time for my drive back to Miyazaki tonight. It will be somewhat around 3-4 hours if I decide to take the non-toll roads. 

The game plans for the coming months are clear, just study, get on it, cry buckets of tears for and because of it this graduate degree that I don’t even know will essentially make me a good mother to a child someday or a wonderful wife to an awesome man. 

Beneath this struggles of completion is a hollow space seeking to be filled by a life partner to share the mundane tasks and life sufferings with. I may not be as obviously outspoken about it as I am about with my struggles in getting back on track with graduate school, but it is that deep-seated feeling of solitude wishing to be paired with someone. 

Of the many wishes I have asked the universe for and prayed to the Lord, finding a life partner had been the trickiest wish to ask for, but who am I do question the way of the Lord in my life? 

Time, what a concept. Gap in time, what a harder concept. For now, let me fill my time with things and tasks that I find meaningful for me and for others—to be of service and to be kind. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023