Morning musings in the Bus.

I had a conversation with this old guy last night because he is looking for a 30-ish female English conversation teacher for a student he has in the university.

Then, he started off checking my credentials and life in Miyazaki. Then, he started shooting off with his own stints in Miyazaki and since he mentioned about retiring I jokingly dropped off that I would be happy to learn from him as I am on that career path of building a steadier career. Mentioned about my big dream and all I got was this: 




Thirty years?! Imagine that at 30 years and you haven't seen any thing has changed. I am so glad he is retiring. Lol. 

Also, I am a teacher, who else would I concentrate at: the kids of course! 

In 30 years, how old will they be? In their early 30s and hopefully they will be the ones taking over these jobs and other jobs this generation will be making for them. 

He ended the night on a good note. Politely said good night and looking forward to chatting again. 

I was tempted to send him a copy of my curriculum vitae but in the end, I realized that this is not the right time and position to prove my worth. 

This person was on the level of survival all through his life and this isn't the type of person I wanted to impress. Much as there was a need to make a good impression, laying out my big dream right on is a good start. 

Thirty years from now, I wonder where will I be? What would I be doing? 

I want to be somebody, for sure, I want to be somebody who had never ceased looking into the good and able to define success through others big and small. 

*****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023