Father's Day of 2020

It is early morning in Japan and I am just waiting for the rice to cook and setting up on how to go about my day of being productive again. 

For now, let me write something about my father. 

I am just so grateful for him. Blessed to have them both as my parents. No matter how crazy things get into my head, thinking about them makes me calm and help me re-align my focus about life and faith. 

My father is the kindest person that I know with the sharpest tongue that there is. Maybe because that is how it goes when one is used to speaking of the truth and nothing else. 

He has obsessions about treasures and hidden goal for ever since I can remember but we had to just let it go because when he gets involved into something, he makes sure it is done. I have learned to accept the reality that though we are enough as his treasure, he just can't let go of quitting on this one. 

We never are rich or gotten more than enough financially, but I don't really know how he and my mom were able to make ends meet for us. We all went to college, six of us! Yes, they were also probably so in love that they made six of us! Almost 40 years of marriage and still blissful and funny and faithful. 

There is nothing else but prayers of supplication, provision, health and strength for the very first man I have ever loved in my life and the first man who made me feel how to be loved unconditionally. 

Happy Father's Day, Papa! I love you so much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023