Ode to the Patriarch

It had been four days past Papa's birthday and I just had the chance to write this now while onboard a bus for a 4-hr journey to meet friends in Fukuoka City. 

A lot of things to say about my father lingers in my head. Papa had been a lot of things and all of them had just been pure bliss and love for a daughter like me. 

As the first man who have loved me and had taken care of me since birth, he is patient, truthful and prayerful for me. He may have his own plans for me but he had never hindered my personal plans, instead, supported my dreams in ways he can. 

His jokes and that of Mama's combined maybe a bit heavy to take in because they both have this skill in subtlety in expressing sarcasm and hard truths. 

Papa had evolved from a strict father to that friend who knows how to annoy and give the support when needed. He has this secret power of being able to pull strings, come up with funds when needed and that element of surprising--- something I don't think I had acquired coz I have never been good at keeping secrets. 

Giving a gift to him is the hardest thing to do. Lol. Not that he had all the best material things in the world but because he had learned to be content with whatever he possessed. He is ambitious, yet practical. If he wants something, he works hard for it. He seldom asks for anything and if he does, I wouldn't be more than happy to give it to him if I could. 

This is the first year I havent seen them in a whole year and is quite sad but I am thankful that they are safe and healthy and this hard times in the world. 

Happy Birthday, Papa. I look forward to your visit here as I drive you around Miyazaki City! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023