18 May 2023

List as many past jobs that you've held as you can think of.

CSR

Account Analyst/Manager

Public School Teacher 

Copywriter

Customer Experience Officer 

Bakeshop Keeper 

Dishwasher 

Piggery Keeper/Cleaner 

Class Officer (high school and university)

Are there any particularly funny, horrifying, or heartwarming moments you strongly remember from any (or all) of them? Jot some of your favorites down.

When I was a teenager, every morning, I had to feed the pigs and clean their pens before getting on with my day. 

Being a full-time teacher had most of the heartwarming stories, they may appear classic but yet, those are experiences that I am glad to have encountered coz working with the innocent and young minds are the hardest and yet most-fufilling because one is given an opportunity to mold young minds and share our soul. 

But that wasn't my very first job. My first job was that of a CSR. When the ooffshore customer support job in its initial boom in the Philippines, being hired was a breeze as long as they deem you teachable and willing to stay up late at night until early morning and then ready to suffer the day time heat and still be able to get a good sleep, 



Are you currently fulfilled at work? If so, why or why not? 

At some level, I am coz I get to do a lot of stuff but also, not really because I cant really have a good monitoring scheme that lets me know if I am doing a good job at what I do.

What is the best job that you've ever had? Why do you think you liked it?

Best job I ever had? The Customer Experience job was one for my books! I got some free flights out of there! And was able to travel for free in exchange to asking a question to the flight attendant, monitoring he entire process of check and check out at the airport and taking detailed notes about the entire flight experience! 

What is the worst job you've ever had? Why did you take it (or stay longer than you wanted)? Can't really say I had worst job. But if we talk about timing, it must be that of working night shifts that weren't the best choice and Im just glad, I'm not doing that anymore. 

Does a part-time or full-time position suit you better? Why? 

A full time job that doesnt require me to get stuck at one place, I think is a job that suits me. Like the job I have right now. 

What are your work values? Think of values that bring you emotional fulfillment (being challenged, helping others, influence, etc.) as well as external things that you value (high earnings, job security, having adequate time away from work, etc.)

Being challenged.

Being recognized at work. 

Push for growth.

Adequate earning.

Good time balance.

Job security. 

What is your dream job?

I wanna be a writer, a speaker, and a teacher. 

What if you thought of your work as a calling instead of a grind (even if just for now)? 

I am at the starting point of that, I just don't know how to keep myself from being afraid of pushing forward because of scary scenarios I have created in my head because I am afraid to give up a lifestyle that isn't even a perfect one. 

Are the internal values more or less important than the external things you receive? 

I think the internal values are boosted by the external things involved in events that we put ourselves into, so it is very important to be able to choose a career, a circle of people and opportunities, rightly. 

Do you feel like you need to work toward a change in your career or vocation? Why?

In terms of change, it's on the matter of being focused, confident with oneself and consistent. I know I am at a good place to grow. 



****


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Sept 2023

It's her time to go.

29 Sept 2023