19 Sept 2026
Tonight is one of those rare nights that the house is quiet before 10PM. Both the husband and the baby are sound asleep and I am left to my own thoughts and I have the silence to be able to think, scroll through documents, read through outputs and sneak in this write up just to remind myself that I still have a journal to look back to when I get older.
I am typing this while on the bed, next to the baby. Her separation anxiety is so strong lately that it is best to just work next to her while she is asleep.
Being 40 aint that bad. I can already feel the age hitting me hard in terms of mood, body tension and easy preference for the quiet and cozy bed whenever that is available.
Our little Hiraya is turning 1 year old next month. This afternoon I browsed through the photo album my mother-in-law brought when they visited and it just brought me to tears. I'm happy that she is growing healthy, happy and I am at awe how fast it is all happening. I am cherishing every moment that I am her world. I am her comfort. I am the reason for her smile, laughter and just everything that makes her feel safe. Right now, the only thing that can take her away from me is when I play Super Simple songs on Youtube. LOL. That is very much controllable still and I hope to keep it that way.
Life has been good despite the uncertainties of future, which is, that is how we define the future anyway, no matter how much we prepare for it.
I am currently helping out and carrying a bit bigger role in the island school now and I find myself always questioning and asking myself if I am doing the right thing coz most of the time I am just not confident and there are really times that I am lacking. But I am grateful for my friend as she vested me and trusted me with the role.
I begged off taking the Compre last month and hopefully there is still another round next month as promised and that should be enough time for me to feel prepared and confident that this time, it is my time to be able to receive that Masters Degree as I had always dreamed about.
Comments
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment :)