What is your current favorite snack?

365 QOTD 

What is your current favorite snack? 
gyoza and daiko oden and 7-11 cafe latte! 


******
An interesting conversation stirred over winter soup, a glass of highball and a plate of gyoza. 

Tita G just came back from Manila and tonight we had our first get together for the year. Having been reunited with family and her long distance boyfriend in Manila, she seems to be in an all-time high feeling of love and holiday. Quite a lot of happy stories she had and will be holding onto until they get to be together again in the next few months. 

Suddenly, she mentioned...

"Ang babae, kapag nakita ng lalake na kayang dalhin ang sarili, independent, hindi na nila nilalapitan. Kasi nga, hindi na kailangan ng help." 

My being single will always be a hot topic, I suppose. But in as much as I can, I try to stir away from the topic. Diverting all my emotion into this online journal, because I know, not a lot of people are interested with that side, and in truth, I have been longing for someone and have been nursing the feeling of alone without romantic interest for quite awhile now. 

Am I a damsel in distress? 
Do I look like a damsel in distress? Most likely, no. 

I can manage my way on getting things-- personal IT problems, translation issues, purchasing, directions, money management matters, kitchen challenges, academic desires... ALL AT A SURVIVAL LEVEL. 

I hope men would stop looking at women as human beings to be rescued and protected. That their purpose in their lives is to be mainly a knight in shining armor and protector. 

But if that is human nature, I bet I am, like any other ordinary lady, I am a damsel in distress. 

It takes me awhile to figure out Left from Right. 
I am directionally-challenged. 
I am a bad cook. 
I am clumsy. 
I have very bad temper. 
I easily get distracted. 
I am so bad at managing my own finances. 
I easily get influenced. 
I have no vision of how to get rich, but I always love sharing my time and helping other people even though it means sacrificing a bit of my own personal time and resources.
I buy books I can't read at once. 
I can't focus on one thing because I want to learn many things. 
I am bad at figuring out people's intentions. 
I easily trust people. 

I am emotionally in distress, wouldn't that be enough reason for a man to rescue me? 

Apparently, I have learned a few survival though I still fall into the same traps endlessly. 
Hayst. I have lost most of what I want to write about this thing in my head. See, that's another thing, I easily forget. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone to remind me? 

I had a lot running in my head for this entry but I had forgotten about it because I got distracted by many things.  Oh well,  one of these days, I will write more about it. Hopefully, in a more collective and meaningful and worth-sharing structure. For the meantime, let this write up be as it is. Sitting quietly in my crib until it gets the chance to bloom as something Thought Catalogue-worthy. LOL. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023