Libraries and Shelves

 I woke up very early this morning and suddenly had some nostalgic feelings about libraries and doing research in a library. 

I miss getting lost in the allies of the library, feeling dizzy about the Dewey Decimal System and matching it with the titles of the books. From categories, down to numbers and then the famous decimal number to narrow down the search. 

I miss the silence of the library scene as a mandate of the place to the people who chose to be there. 

I survived research and thesis requirement back then to think about how tedious and manual laborious it had been, and here I am right now, just when everything can be at your fingertips and I am lost and most of the time lazy to do it. 

I blame the weather. It is so hard to get up in the freezing cold winter days. A few more weeks and I will ran out of excuses and I should be able to pick up on the writing task. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023