4 July 2023

Week 4 of 52 - Contribution

I used to post selfies or shots of me that I felt I looked good and would be gaining lots of likes and hearts in the social media apps realm. Those pictures were mostly just from random days or trips here and there, most have stories of having fun, connecting or doing something meaningful as shallow or deep of cheering up myself at times when I need it most. 

There were also times that I would share quotes and thoughts and people will be reacting with a "me too" moments and that's a great driver for me to realize that I am not the only one experiencing such. 

I am teacher but most of the time, I don't feel like I am really contributing but whenever kids say they are having fun in class, it means a lot to me. Making kids feel that learning in general is fun and that it is not always fun but it is important in our lives. 

On selected occasions, I donate money and time, specially for those kind of needs that I cannot provide myself like a few visits at a cancer hospital for children to give them a few hours of kiddie fun and play.

I can't really remember if I had ever done any random act of kindness as I have been trying to steer away from people. But if I ever had a chance, I pray that I be able to do so. 

I send money to my family but for the next few months, I ask for a bail out so I can cover my personal expenses as a result of irresponsible handling of finances in the past. And I am excited to see that I am getting out of debt and starting with long term savings. 

It would really be a dope idea to have an opportunity of setting up a good example for others, but there is so much pressure in that too. But come to think of it, it will be a good reminder to be always consistent and to just focus on goals. 

As for a meaningful giving experience for the future, I just hope that people can learn or pick up something in my blog if ever they get to stumble upon this page. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Sept 2023

It's her time to go.

29 Sept 2023