What do you want to tell yourself in one year?

365 QOTD

What do you want to tell yourself in one year?

I can't understand the question. LOL. But in any case, I want to tell myself to just keep going. Pass the Comprehensive Exam and Thesis it!

HAHA. That is the target for next year. Thesis-writing as part of the MA degree completion. Eye on the goal. And hoping to have a published paper also. As everything is becoming-data driven, so much effort is invested in gathering, analyzing and finding out something new out of everything that there is. Overwhelming it may seem and every day, I am learning to take it in chewable chunks.

Thesis it. So I can have more personal time after and you know what comes next.

*****

Tonight, I will sleep early and start the day early tomorrow.

Sleeping and waking up time had always been late recently and that just needs to be back into "my" usual morning habit of starting the day at 7am, and wrapping it all up at 12mn.

One good thing for the past 3 days though is the 10-minute HIIT workout I could squeeze into before hitting the shower to prepare for work.

Work hours had been usual.

And next month, I had been invited to visit Udo Jingu. As usual, as a third wheel. This time, to two old persons. LOL. My Japanese language tutor invited me to go on Sunday, a week after the ancipated JLPT exam, together with her newfound friend at the park! Imagine that!

Apart from the handsome guy who approached me at Mister Donut early this year (well, that one was actually pre-arranged eyeball, too. Boooo. Thanks, Tinder. Disclaimer: I have stopped using Tinder, that was the final swipe. LOL)  I can never earn a friend from just staying at a cafe, nor having a regular walk at the park!  

This morning, I made my first-ever cafe latte and morning coffee will never be the same again. HAHA. I am willing to spend much time and effort crafting my own coffee now.

Lunch box habit is back as well but I eat it around 4pm, so it's not-so lunch box. But something-earlier-than-supper-kind-of meal. But I still bought onigiri before work started. Because I got hungry after Japanese class. LOL.  and smoked pork tongue in Lawson after 7pm.

Right after work, I attended a webinar about Japanese education system, hosted by Teach For All. I just found it weird that the presentor was someone from another country who took observation for a month in Japan and not a Japanese himself/herself. The Japanese was just an attendee and would just confirmed whatever the speaker had mentioned. It would have had more gravity if it was presented by someone from the roots. Oh well. But I was able to connect to her and hopefully be able to work on collaboration in the future too! Connections. Meaningful collaborations. Happy heart.

That is still a long way to go.

For now, I will try my best to sleep early.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023