A funny thing happened on the way to ......

366 QOTD __
A funny thing happened on the way to ......

Not that I can point as significant for today.


***************
Nightly Reviews 7.8.2020

Quite a slow daytime it had been. But the midnight going dawn was quite a challenge. 

It is "tsuyu" season right now. A month late for its course, but still it has been raining incessantly and rivers were overflowing, and people were dying. 

Last night was I think the toughest for me. 

It is actually July 7th. It is supposed to be a night full of stars as legendary love story fulfill their wish of meeting again after a long time of separation as lovers. It was Tanabata no Hi. The stars showed for a few hours in the night, then clouds started to gather up and heavy rains and lighting and thunder storms ruled the night. I wasn't able to sleep. The only consolation I got for that night was that I wasn't alone. Everytime I would hear the thunder, I would tap my hand 5 times and try to breathe calmly. Until I fell asleep. 

The strong sound of the heavy rains, the clutter of the thunder and lightning strikes remind me of that Typhoon Reming in Bicol. I thought it had been forgotten, but certain triggers can make it all feel like it is happening and can happen again. 

I was able to request that I come in late for school and for sure it had cause some disorder and as much as I am apologetic for it, I know I have made a good choice for myself and for them as well.  

Will probably doing this kind of title as I keep writing on this journal and reflect on my days and events of my life. Though I don't write them all here and still keep a few things as undisclosed, I will still write as much as I can. 

Seneca, that great ancient philosopher affirmed the power of writing our thoughts down in its rawest form. I never realized that Stoicism is already noticeable in me as mentioned by my cousin. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023