Stuck at 15.

So, I just finished watching the movie,  my friends' have been having a craze about on social media.

To All the Boys I Loved Before.

I never got to read this YA book before. Unlike how I used to binge-read on Nicholas Sparks novels and compared the stories in the movie. Totally different but both still moving and hopelessly romantic.

The story is about a teenage girl who wrote letters she never meant to send. Addressed to boys she had huge crushes before with overwhelming levels of emotions. To pacify her emotions, she writes a letter addressed to the person, without the intention of letting them know about it.

Of course, it's YA, they did have a happy ending.

This movie made me realize that I am still stuck at 15. I am still at that moment in my life that I would rather choose to write about my fantasy of a having a boyfriend. That ideology that he is stuck in the future. But unlike the movie, I would wish my imaginary boyfriend to read my letters.

Putting myself out in the open hoping to get noticed, but never really being noticed. No one reads long essays nowadays. If it's something more than 140-characters, it's just some personal drama blog.

Well, I would still keep writing those letters and notes, just whenever I feel like it. Coz that spark of being hopelessly romantic, keeps me floating in the air, with hope. A side of me that I try to keep to a minimal presence around friends and family who would ask for sound and brutal advice about things in life they thought I can help them with.

There are things that are really just meant to stay in books and stories and essays and letters and just can't be as short as 140 characters on it.

Who knows? I've been writing about my hopes and dreams for a few years now. It amazes me that each of them is coming to reality bit by bit. All I wanted is a good love story for my own. For the meantime, I'll just keep writing those letters whenever I feel like it.

To my incoming real boyfriend, I'm sorry, there is no way that I can send them to you. You just gotta read it all here. Lol.

Comments

  1. This is definitely next on my to watch list! I just saw some of the videos nung isang actor on twitter *blush* and i just can't. I CAN'T!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super cutiee diba... and ewan ko ba... di yata talaga nagmature ang teeny bopper heart ko. hahaha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023