A Slow Down


Yesterday, I finally turned over the keys for the old apartment and had some of the necessary appliances and stuff for the new apartment delivered and installed-- the washing machine, gas stove, a wardrobe cabinet, a table for the fridge, a small bookshelf for the books. I just ordered another shelf from Amazon, and just waiting for the table set Tita G promised to give me. My friend was also kind enough to donate their bed frame for me. As soon as those items are in place, I am all set.

Golden Week will be all about decluttering and throwing away unnecessary items and clothes. Also, for setting up work out routines, cooking, more reading, more attempts on writing and how to earn money. LOL.

Pardon the Brazo de Kat. 
I consider this major move experience as one with many realizations-- from time management, stress level management, prioritizing and just really giving into the situations.

Also, I am slowly learning get used to having the minimum number of items and concentrating on purposes of each. Only that, there are those are really hard to let go of, but slowly getting learning to do so. Eventually, I will be able to live with mobility and lesser concern about what's gonna be left behind, knowing that I had made the best use out of it.

I wanted to take time to write about this because I know that this is one of those experiences I know I had learned a great deal from. Also, I had experienced a lot of help from people around me.

I was alone, yet my friends were always here to assist me. If not for them, I probably would have spent so much just for the moving, ending up penniless and pitiful. LOL.

I had also learned to be brave to reach out and ask for help when I needed it. Though there are times that I was still taking my time, out of curiosity and not wanting to bother people, to explore options on my own. Talk to merchants in Japanese and make deals for it. It had never failed me yet. People around were just so friendly and helpful.

Overall, this is a moving experience that will keep me moving to give back, not in big ways, but in small ways, hoping it can make ripples of goodness and kindness around me.

Next challenge will be more of the financial management, finding ways for good investments and be able to save enough for a comfortable future, to thinking of ways to be able to earn enough to pay bills and sustain a certain level of lifestyle to learning how to spend more mindfully.

Of course, on top of all the challenges is that main challenge of keeping myself motivated to do this I love doing-- teaching and learning.

Comments

  1. Gusto ko rin yang decluttering. Marami akong gamit na na-accumulate ko over the years, na palagay ko pwede ng itapon, saka I’m always on the move so I will try na mag minimalist naman, and learn how to earn more money LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023