Farewell Little Z.

Another person's puppy died this morning and I am still so affected. And the attempting-to-be-rational-being that is me, has been trying to figure out the reasons why I am so affected about such moment. It wasn't my moment, yet it felt like I was part of it to be affected so much.

I discovered about Z when I was following this health buff person in instagram whom one of my former colleagues had been tagging on his posts. One random day, I went on a "Follow" spree on celebrities and the owner of the dog was included. Knowing that he is way out of my league, the workouts, the abs and other posts were simply ignored. Until he started posting about a puppy he will be adopting. Around that time, we just had our little Kardo taken away from us and still mourning for the loss. 

I had written some articles about Kardo, when he was sick and another one on the day that he had to say goodbye.

I didn't put so much attention to the posts until Z's owner posted something about her being lethargic and not really feeling well and that she had to be brought to the vet. I can still remember a post of Z meeting some big dogs out, right then, I was wishing it was Kardo having that same experience, and I uttered a little prayer that Z won't get struck by the parvo virus too. But eventually, it got her.

The owner was kind enough to give me updates and I am also always thinking about Z, inwardly praying that she make it through. But there were other plans, she had to say goodbye yesterday, too.

She is welcomed in dog heaven by our little Kardo who loves to eat sweet potato.

Z is a mix-breed chihuahua and shih tzu. A combination of two breeds I love and hate. I am not a fan of chihuahua breeds and I am in love with the furriness of shih tzu. Z from afar, made me realize that we can learn to see the beauty in the things I thought I hate, and appreciate it and even learn to care for it, just like how her caregiver attended to her needs all throughout the painstaking process.

The connection to Z is a product of a social media sharing. The owner was kind enough to share to the world, even generous enough to correct me when I mentioned that I will be "parasiting" on his posts because I knew that I won't be able to stop reacting on lil Z posts compared to his other posts. LOL. He mentioned about "commensalism" and emphasized that "no harm done" on doing so.

Z and Kardo were good companies for sure, some would even agree that dogs are better companies than other human beings.

Someday, I will take my own chance of taking care of a dog and/or a cat, on my own. When I am brave enough, knowledgeable enough to do so. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone to share the experience with, as well?

For the meantime, these two are just but goals.

At the moment, farewell little Z. Tell our little Kardo I miss him badly and we promise that with you both saying goodbye, we will be better dog parents/caregivers in the nearest future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023