Easter Sunday Bedtime Thoughts

Easter Sunday.

The Lenten Season officially ended today and I don't think I had really had taken time to slow down, reflect or even do fasting.

But it had its moments of excitement, of slow downs, feeling lost, a few seconds of high hopes and all-time high for gratefulness for many things and people around me.

Sunday started early and ended a bit late. Full-packed with activities and the best part was the slow down moment at the park where two of my friends and I sit on a picnic mat and just keep talking about education, learning and teaching.

Morning was also good with thought-provoking conversations about how conversations should flow, how we should be curious to know what's running on other people's mind to understand further and be able to say the right words eventually.

Lunch was served in a very beefy, hearty meal with friends.

Afternoon was spent with conversations about education, ethnic identity and dragging them to my places and asking them to bring some of my stuff to move.

I also had a very quick random call from family about lunch. They had Jollibee chickenjoy. My ultimate comfort food.
*******

As things are slowly putting itself into place, I am grateful that the essential reminders are always felt-- family, friends, good conversations, good food and a comfortable roof over my head.

I may have missed reflecting deeply, but I hope not to miss the small things that make me think deeply and passionately.
********

Thank you, Lord for reminding us about love and for sacrificing Jesus as an ultimate form of love.

One day, if my own father will be caught in a situation where he has to choose me or others, for sure, he won't choose me and I won't let him choose me too.

Sometimes, being selfish is good. But then, the human nature is to suffer. Might as well put deeper meaning into the suffering.

I only pray that Lord, may you keep it light enough for me to handle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023