Silence in the Air

A little bit under the weather after knowing that the puppy I recently followed, passed away just like our little Kardo, and hoped that Avengers would save my day. It did at some point, but then, I cried maybe as part story, of the pent up emotions, loneliness and the dark skies.

Of my two year ongoing stay in Japan, last night was my first time to watch in a local cinema theatre. The movie-going experience was quite.... Silent. A bit different from a cinema experience back in PH. (Avengers had been packed with lots of scenes intended to appeal to different sides of human emotions and perceptions, yet the cinema was quite... silent, except for me who has been sniffing, chuckling and grinning and my other pinoy company doing the same and/or giving side comments about the scenes and on-screen appearances. It brings a few questions. Was the language in the movie a factor to consider? Does it take time to read the subtitle to be processed by an L2 speaker, thus the delay in processing emotion or no response at all? If I watched the Dubbed (which for sure, I won't, because, why, when there is a better option), will I have the same silencing experience?

For me, part of the movie-going experience in a cinema is of course, the story itself and the sharing of experience and stirred emotions while watching the movie. The collective reaction and/or the variety of reactions for the scenes can assess if the goals of the moviemakers are attained.

Then later on, hopefully, public conversations about the movie or the ideology behind the scenes would be sparked up and call for actions.

I wish I can be with my friends out for conversations as we dissect the movie and recite our favorite lines from the movie. Just like before. Ohh.. The challenges of being an OFW and a loner in general. LOL.

******
The movie hype was real and worth it, tapping into the right buttons of teamwork, unity, openness, trust and human goodness in general.

"This is the fight of our lives."

Let's keep watching good films for inspiration.
Let's keep inspiring writers, actors and producers to keep making worth-watching motion pictures and live action films.

*******
Just grateful for the experience and realizations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023