Kat's Jump of 2021

 


August 29, 2021. Akaike Campsite 



As of today, this is the Kat's Jump of 2021. It took a lot of going back and forth before I had the full courage to jump. I even had to borrow a child's floating vest just so I can do it. 

I told myself that there is no way I will end that day without doing that big jump into the water. The first time I tried to jump, the second time, the third time and the fourth time, I just couldn't jump. My arms and my legs were shaking. Y asked me what am I afraid of. I know that I am not afraid of heights. I am afraid of the water. As if it will eat me alive. Even retrieving my toydrone that sunk into a deep part of the flowing river, took me a lot of deep breathes before I was able to look for it. 

Then, I had a talk with Y's friend, who had been jumping, backflip into the water without hesitation. I just had to know how to do it and he was the best person to ask. He said, he just jumps and just do it, it is exciting and there is really nothing to think about when you are jumping. With him holding the camera to record my attempt, there is no turning back, I just had to do it and I did it. 

It was quick, cold and I am still alive as of today, writing this in my blog just so I can remember that I was able to conquer my fear of the deep waters and I was able to jump from a height that is almost 4times my height. 

I did it. Everytime I do something I thought I couldn't do, it amazes me every time I tell myself that "I did it. Good job, self." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023