What is the last risk you took?

 365 QOTD 

What is the last risk you took?

This question is for August 8th that I had missed to complete. And as of today, I have a better answer to that. 

Tomorrow, I will fly to Tokyo as transit point to go to Fukushima. My brother-cousin had been diagnosed with cancer that had spread from his neck down to his gut. I wont be able to see him due to COVID protocols and I cannot compromise his immune system coz I still am not vaccinated too. 

It is a big risk to take both for me and him. But even before, I had decided to go and visit him as he is the closest to family that I could reach out to. It had been more than a year that I wasn't able to come home and it would feel nice to come close with a family member. But now, it isn't impossible, but totally frustrating with that idea of "so close, yet so far" . The frustration with the language barrier, the distance, the pandemic that doesn't seem to end. I could cry again and again. 

Both my bags are packed and I am ready to go tomorrow. Before that, I will be joining 2 sessions of yoga at the surf club. 

Comments

  1. sorry to learn that your cousin brother's unwell. safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023