Sunday Shifts 9.5

 I don't know how to describe today. 

I woke up around 4AM with a mission of catching a beautiful sunrise atop a lighthouse. But I ended up discovering a paragliding turf that became my playground as I watch the sun rise above a cloudy sky. 






A morning yoga by the beach followed by an aroma therapy yoga session, a quick shower then I am headed back home. I did more chores and found myself wanting to work outside the house and found a quiet nook in the middle of a busy coffee shop-- an online fellowship, making online poster and doing pre-work for a not-so planned reunion with college classmates. 

Then, I found myself in an hour call with my cousin-sister while shopping goodies for Kuya. Before that I was in a phone call with him, his voice so hoarse and sounded like he is dealing with so much pain. I almost had to end the call so sudden coz I cannot take his voice being like that. 

Went home and packed the stuff ready for drop off tomorrow. It should be okay and ready for him on Wednesday.

Chemotherapy is taking its toll on his body and we can't do anything to share his sufferings. He is on a 23-hr chemo cycle and he is due to complete it without miss by September 30. As he takes a pass on some days and hours, we also know that his treatment plan is taking longer than that. But for now, the only thing we can ask for him is to stay alive. Stay alive to complete the chemo cycles and then he will be okay again.

I asked him to describe the pain. He said it's as if he is being crushed inwardly and it hurts so much. With his voice in pain, I can almost feel it. But it can never equate to how he feels right now.

I closed the day with long hours of conversation with college classmates and I couldn't be more grateful for the trip down the memory lane to close the night. 

Tomorrow, I have to wake up early to finalize the lesson plan for my new student and pack up stuff for a week's work trip. 

Thank you Lord for a filled day. 

Comments

  1. the sky's so beautiful in all of your captures. lucky you getting to be by the water. i genuinely miss being by the sea. hoping your brother stays strong through the course of his treatment. prayers and best wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023