10 May 2022

 I deactivated my facebook account a few hours ago without any intention of getting back to it soon. I really hope I would be able to stand my ground about this decision. 

It has been total chaos. I couldn't stomach it. I couldn't stand it. 

My father voted for the son of a dictator, a fake-diploma holder and a tax evader and the only consolation I hold for that is his integrity. My father wouldn't stand by his choices without probable cause and justifiable reasons. I admire him so much for that, thus, I am really hoping that they might be right, and we might be wrong. 

My sisters and cousins took our rants to the Discord group for debriefing and I am so grateful for that. 

I started to re-read Offline, a book of collections of studies about how smartphones, social media and technology altogether is hacking our brains. Coz since yesterday, that's what I have been feeling. 

I took a long bath, washed my hair, did my evening skin routine, and now, sipping milk for bed but I would still be reading a few pages before I sleep. 

I would like to write about this day/evening as a reminder of a choice to find peace from within and solitude. 

I wish there is someone I can hug, someone who would listen and then tell me that everything will be alright, but all that stuff would have to be done to me by me. For now. 

As Gigi said, ..." never give up hope." 

I have so much of that. Even at this heartbreaking loss in the Philippine presidential election, I still have so much hope for my country. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Sept 2023

It's her time to go.

29 Sept 2023