The First Three Men in my Life

I'm single and I think I'm slowly getting settled into the idea of being single for a long time moving forward. 

But I have loved a few men in my life and there are three that I will always cherish and will always be my firsts-- my father, my oldest brother and my lolo on my mom's side. 

I guess for most girls, their first love will always be the dad. Mine isn't a different story. As a first-born girl in the family, I feel that I had gained almost and always my father's attention. He had always been my go-to person when I am a bit confused. The first person I would always think of when I achieve something and the first man who gets his heart broken when I did something disappointing. He had given me that kind of love that no matter how much I had been lost and failed, he has always been there to look after me. Scold me. Remind me. Preach on me. Dust me off, then push me to get my life back. So many times. 

My oldest brother and I grew up like cats and dogs. We never seem to have gotten each other's approval in many things. Yet, we are proud of each other. He is tall, good-looking, always clean-shaven, soft-spoken and every now and then, sweet. He is generous at times, too. I love him, nonetheless. I am thankful and grateful I have him as my kuya. 

Lolo Eutiqs will always be the most handsome drunkard I have everseen. I have loved him in all his drunken state. He was a hard-working carpenter and farmer, a great singer and loving grandfather. I had seen how much he loves my grandmother and how selfless he is to the people around him. I can talk endless about his antics when drunk and how he tries to remind me about studying hard and just always be doing my best in everything. I miss him so much. I bet, he isn't allowed to drink beer in heaven now. 

They are all December bday celebrators and I am nowhere near any of them to give them a hug or a kiss to wish them a happy birthday. 

I am thankful for having these men in my life. 

These three men are my first love. They have set that very high bar of standard when it comes to how a good man should be and will always be in my view. 

Happy Birthday to these first three men in my life. 
Always be my love and firsts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023