Then There's Christmas

So, this is how it feels.

Last year was a bit better because Tita Gladys was here and I didn't really need to celebrate alone and heartbroken. Also, my Japanese, then-couple-now-newly-wed couple prepared a very nice Christmas dinner.

Tonight, I was thinking of dropping by The Bar for the countdown and downing one drink then go back home for bed and let the night pass by. But of course, the kind couple thought of adopting me once again for the night. It was just wonderful as usual. I am grateful.

Mrs. Y brought a Pablo strawberry cheesecake given for free by the shop-owner as they had excess baked goodies for the day. So, we got a fancy Christmas cake for free! Then, we lit up and candles and sang a Happy Birthday song for Jesus Christ. After all, it is but fair to dedicate that at least sole minute because if not for his birth, we won't be having reasons to celebrate. Also, the first Christmas wasn't a moment of festivity for Joseph and Mary. It was series of rejection after rejection and then settling for a manger where animals take rest, for a place of birth. Imagine the stench and the dirt where the Savior, Lord Jesus had been born into.

I am writing this as a reminder that no matter how much I strive for material things, the Saviour whom I chose as the leader of my faith, chose humility and simplicity for his birthplace and way of life. He chose sacrifice and poverty despite having the right to demand for something grander and greater. And that in humility and simplicity, may I find peace.

Awhile ago, as I was contemplating about the events of this evening and how grand it would be to be home for Christmas, my heart was heavy, but later on, as of this writing, I am just grateful. My heart desires more and the same time, my heart is at peace with what I have. It is a struggle, but it won't be worth-looking back to, if it isn't, right?

Two more sleeps and I will be able to hug and kiss and just be around the people who had raised me and inspired me to be the best version of me, always, all ways.

As I turn off the lights and call it a day, once again, Happy Birthday, Jesus Christ. Thank you for your life. We won't be having all the reasons for these festivities we could find in books, if not for your birth.

May we always find that little spark of hope, humility and simplicity as the symbols of your coming to this pale blue planet called EArth.

Comments

  1. Hi, I do believe this is an excellent site.
    I stumbledupon it ;) I will come back yet again since I saved as a favorite
    it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be
    rich and continue to help other people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023