What memory do you want to keep from today?

365 QOTD

What memory do you want to keep from today?

Oh. If it's gonna be about myself. Today is such a good day for survival. No good sleep lately, body pains and cramps due to menstrual periods, too much eating and spending. Just too much eating and mood swings. Oh my goodness.

But one good memory will always be about classrooms!

Today, I visited the nursery kids next to our school. We do have a bi-weekly contract with them and I get to teach the kids nothing but songs, 1 or 2 words in English and more sings and actions in English. My frequency of visit had built a routine and I also now get warm hugs and super bright smiles from the kids. My heart would just melt.

The other elementary class was always my favorite in terms of achievements and naughtiness. They never ran out of things to annoy me and make fun of each other.

The all-girls higher level class had also shown very good confidence. At the end of every class, I ask them to rate themselves and talk about the things they would keep doing and would be improving on in the next classes. I try to make this a habit in class to ensure that they acquire the skills of reflective learning and hopefully be able to still continually improve even when they aren't in my class anymore.

So, yes, in the midst of bodily pains and cramps, I found joy in my students.

Almost halfway with the project in one subject in grad school, and we are almost done.

I can't wait to binge-watch in the evenings and oversleep in the mornings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023