What was weird about your day today?

365 QOTD

What was weird about your day today?

Weird? Hmm.. I felt so busy, but still I forgot a lot of things. And I just did the laundry this evening before this journal entry. I should have done it in the morning, it was sun and shiny day today.

*********

Wednesday mornings are dedicated for Japanese classes. I am so grateful to have a very good Japanese teacher this time. Fujisawa-Sensei had been so generous of her time and knowledge and the hour we spend together are always productive and fruitful for me. And it seems that she is also having a great time. I really hope so.

I wasn't able to go to the bank to open another account, but tomorrow, I hope to get up early and be able to do just that, but I realized that I dont have my hanko with me, so I need to move that schedule for Monday. I need to have another account open if I really am serious with managing my finances. I swear, I am serious.

I forgot that I had an online conference at 2pm, but A and I were able to still squeeze in a quick conversation in 25 minutes which had been very productive and hopefully, something good will come out of it. It is a consultation about the English competency exam given to applicants by the organization and my previous talk had sparked some questions and she wanted to know more and seek my opinion about how they are supposed to be checking on the competencies in recruitment in terms of communication skills in the second language. Getting busier and busier every day.

This evening, I watched a chamber orchestra performance of the Japan Self-Defense Force Army Band. Grandpa Mizoguchi invited me to join him because he has two tickets. It was such an amazing performance.

The first set's highlight was the theme music of the famous NHK tv series, Segodon. It was indeed a performance to behold. The drum rolls, the chimes, they were all able to perfectly and timingly have it in the melodies, in live performance. I am so amazed.

The second set's Dreamin in Silent Night, a Christmas medley of Silent Nigher, Away in a Manger and Oh Come All Ye Faithful were all heavenly and majestic. I am not sure if all the performers were Christians or if they felt blessed playing those pieces, but me, I am so touched and so grateful for a reminder that the Saviour has been born to save me from eternal flames. I couldn't stop Grandpa Mizoguchi for that experience.

Then, I had to rush home and wait for Tita G for dinner. It was supposed to be her birthday dinner but she has no energy anymore and so we decided to just dine at a local diner.

No reading done today. I'll see if I can still do a page or two once I jump into my bed.

Quite a good day despite some weirdness in it.
Tomorrow is another day to be awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023