What do you wish your job was?

365 QOTD

What do you wish your job was?

Hmm.. I actually wouldn't wanna have a different kind of job.

What I wish for is that I am teaching in a university so I can train more future teachers. Well, being in a regular classroom would be nice as well. I just really wanna have the opportunity to see if my efforts would really bear fruits. If I teach younger kids, it may take a while or I may not be even able to see if they will turn out to be productive citizens eventually.

It is really my desire to land a better teaching job somewhere that's why I am persistently wanting to complete this master's degree.

******************************

縁がある /en-ga-aru/
- to be linked by fate

I have been contemplating on this one since Wednesday.

One of my students is a classy, businesswoman and she told me this.

From the first time I had seen her in our office lobby, I knew that she is such a powerful lady with a business empire of her own.

I asked her, "How old were you when you started business?"

"35." (She had to answer in Japanese, had to trace the number in air and I needed to listen very well, so that I can catch up).

"Wow. I want to be like you. I am 32. My friends want to start business as well and I want to join." I told her in my choko-choko Japanese-English so that she can get what I mean.

"Jaa. Soro-soro." (That's good. Slowly start.)
"Koko?" (Here?) She asked.
"Hai. Miyazaki ni...." (Yes,  in Miyazaki.) I answered.

Then, we talked more, and discovered that we know some people in common and I am just amazed. I am thankful that of the set of people I know locally, they seem to be the people who have good social investments and really good connections in terms of business, ideas and partnerships. Truly, it is not the quantity but the quality.

Slowly.

Miyazaki is really slowly rooting me in place. Let's just hope all goes well. All I want is a good place to live in where I can do more good to other people while being able to provide for my own desires or travel and investments.

Slowly.

For the meantime, Projects completed. Exams submitted. Almost ready to call it a wrap for this first semester of AY 2018-2019. Will still need to double check on the requirements tomorrow. Until then, good job for keeping up with the calendar targets.

I am so excited to do those guitar recordings and read more books other than the required readings.
Thank you Lord.
Thank you ancestors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023