9 Jan 2022

 A very calm, alone Sunday. 

I spent the morning doing chores, cleaning, throwing things that I don't think I will need a use for, making space for moving and breathing inside this little sanctuary of quiet I have created for myself. 

I was woken up by the usual morning family video call, surprisingly, it was Papa's voice that I heard first! Our black dog, Noggie, is limping. Just like me! But I feel much better now, actually. While waiting for the spin dry of my clothes in the laundromat, I took time to practice some drills. Still very light moves but it felt good to be out in the sun. 

Then, I just stayed home after that. 

I was able to go over my payables and savings for this month! It is actually short but I had been able to move around some funding to make sure that I get bills paid with minimal unpaid responsibility, at least for this month. 

I finally had the chance to binge on Designated Survivor, it had been on my downloads folder for awhile. 

I had to pause it for a bit to write a social media post for our island school's current condition and it had been heartbreaking. It is as if every chance I get to talk to the school director is precious. Knowing that she is well and still sound so jolly. A relief and a bit of fear at the same time. 

They are living on a different time from a few weeks ago, I can only imagine how hard it is. Being poor was something I am continually working hard to be out from and it is never easy. 

Then, I realized, if ever I will work for a president, I can work as a Speech Writer! Writing publicity posts for our island school stirs a lot of emotions in me and whenever I get to read back what I had written, I just am proud and amazed of how my brain works in weaving words and narratives. 

Last episode for Designated Survivor and I am calling it a day. 

Tomorrow, 

Workout

Coffee

Read about Code-switching 

Morning chat class with Kumi-san.

Read more 

Drills

Nap

Work 

Gym (?) I have to visit to cancel my subscription completely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023